2012-2015 Strategic Plan
James Strope - School
Stateside Patriots, active
learners, IMPACTING our world
United by excellence in
learning and serving
Patriots to be tomorrow's leaders
- Computers in classrooms grades 2-5 have increased from 2 per
class to 7 per class.
- Increased student PATH opportunities with the addition of
Broadway Jr. performances (Seussical in 2014 and Into the Woods
- Increased reading proficiency of 2nd grade
dual-language cohort from 17.6% on/above proficiency on TRC to
70.6% on/above proficiency on TRC.
- 100% of STES students participated in PBL activities through
the IMPACT model
- All EOG subject areas were above state and district average for
the 2013 and 2014 school years. 2015 data is still being
disaggregated for comparison.
- 100% of students participated in field day activities in
conjunction with global (2014) and historical (2015) fairs.
- 100% of STES students participated in Spanish WAVE
- Implemented SPLASH in Kindergarten (95% on/above proficiency on
- Converted 2nd grade dual-language cohort to FLES
- 100% of teachers participated in ERPD sessions coordinated with
Richland Primary, Richland Elementary and Onslow County Schools
Exceptional Children's Department.
- 100% of STES students have participated in digital
media/citizenship lessons from Common Sense Media.
- Patriot of the Week (individual) and Patriot Spirit Award
(class) were recognized at each Monday Morning Meeting.
- Instructional Intervention team received training and met once
per week, providing support to over 40 students during the 2014-15
- All STES 5th graders had the opportunity to complete
a capstone event of travelling to Washington, D.C. in 2014 and
- 100% of new teachers participated in the Patriot Boot Camp to
prepare them for curriculum, instruction, and assessments through
the lens of the Stateside school theme.
- STES joined the other Richland area schools to for RALI
(Richlands Area Leadership Initiative) events monthly and
participated in the Richlands Homecoming Parade.
- Volunteerism opportunities improved with the formation of the
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students). 704 hours for Watch Dog
volunteers in 2015, with 89 visits by 16 different people.
- 100% of students participated in Veteran's Day events.
- 3rd graders performed a free Veteran's Day concert
for the community (new for 2015).
- Kindergarteners performed a free Memorial Day concert for the
community (new for 2015).
- 100% of grade-level teachers emailed updates to parents during
WAVE days (once every six school days)
- STES utilized 21st century tools, such as Facebook,
Twitter, website, and Remind 101 to get pertinent information out
to parents regularly.
- Coordinated with Military Family Life Counselor to support
military dependents at STES through information, activities,
events, and group sessions.
- 100% of students participated in regularly scheduled Guidance
classes on the WAVE schedule
- 100% of teacher participated in ERPD and Patriot Boot Camp
sessions, including those on 21st century instructional
technology, web-based tools, and the OCS digital learning
Despite the lack of Title One funds, a high turnover rate and
three different principals over the course of this strategic plan,
Stateside has remained true to its purpose, mission, vision, and
theme. Overall, our school is very safe and has high
expectations for staff and students, along with proven results of
Necessary Next Steps
- Coordinate K-5 Science and Art teachers to implement the first
Makerspace in Onslow County Schools to increase STEAM
- Creation, administration, and analysis of school-based
- Training and participation of 100% of teachers in ELEOT
observations (once per WAVE).
- Increased opportunities for extracurricular activities with K-2
- Partnership with ECU, Boys and Girls Club, and AmeriCorps to
bring robotics and AmeriCorps volunteers to increase STEM
- Reassign Impact/Reading teacher to K-3 Reading to work with
struggling readers regularly.
- Incorporation of Title I Literacy Coach to support teachers,
students, and instruction.
- Select and purchase K-5 math materials to align resources.